Add on Tour
Start your once in a lifetime experience with Cape York Guided Tours!
About Cape York’s add on tours
Add on Tour
While we are embarking on your 12 day set tour there will be some time on Day 4 in Weipa where you can book yourself onto an exciting optional tour. You will also have the same opportunity on Day 8 when we reach Punsand Bay to check out some more exciting optional tours. Below are the details for the optional tours. If you wish to book yourself onto any of these tours please let us know. The additional extras can be added onto your booking with us.
Weipa Mine & Town Tours
Weipa Mine & Town Tours operate daily. If you and your travel buddies want to check out more optional tours around the Cape this is an Approx 3.5hrs
- $45 Adults, $35 Kids (5-17yo) (no children under 5)
- Closed in shoes are required.
- Departs Weipa Campgrounds 8:30am or 2pm.
- Tour covers the amazing history of Weipa & enters the Weipa Rio Tinto Mine Site.
Western Cape Eco Tours
Opportunity to see birdlife & crocodiles
- $60 Adults, $30 Children (2-12yo)
- Daily tour
- $45 Adults, $25 Children (2-12yo)
- Fishing Charters available (prices on request approx $200p/p)
Cape York Adventures - 3 Island Tour
- Visit Thursday Island, Roko Island and Horn Island.
- Departs Seisia Wharf at 8:15am, back by 4:00pm
- Adults $250pp, Child $140pp (5-14 yo), Infant $40pp (up to 4yo)
- Horn Island Heritage Museum, Taxi Tour around Thursday Island, Roko Island Pearl Farm
One for the bucket list and two for the show, get ready adventures seekers!
let’s get on the road and go!
Travelling alone through Queensland, I decided to experience Cape York. I was reluctant to risk it alone, so a tag-along tour sounded like a good idea. Dale suggested I could ride-along in their vehicle, which made a lot more sense!
The trip was well organised, the like-minded company was great, and the adventure memorable. Everyone was very well looked after and the facilities certainly adequate. I was sorry to see the trip end!
The ride-along option was perfect for me, to be able to enjoy the scenery, go to beautiful out-of-the-way places and camp without any hassles.
The vehicles were comfortable and obviously suited for the sometimes rough terrain. The tents and bedding were quite luxurious -- much more comfortable than I'd expected, and the trailer was a work of art -- so well thought out and practical.
Dale and Bones were terrific. They were thoughtful, helpful, efficient, and very patient. They managed to appear relaxed while ensuring that the tour ran smoothly. When difficulties arose Dale always had a Plan B (and maybe even C & D) and things got sorted without any fuss.
Dale took us to places I would otherwise have missed seeing, and his love of the Cape was infectious. His stories about camping with family and friends made the whole experience very special.